Sunday, January 1, 2012

Getting the kiddos in our lives up and going: jumping, grooving, marching, climbing, swinging, hopping, running, dancing, skipping, bopping, freezing, flapping, swinging, twirling, crawling, sliding, rolling, tumbling, scooting, stepping, swooping, whirling, swooshing ......... well you get the idea: MOVING!

This is probably one of the most important articles I will ever post. Last year I began to feel strongly about this subject and attempted to move forward in implementing some of these aspects into Teea Times program and it was sadly derailed, but this year we move forward stronger than ever in teaching our kids how important “moving” is and not only educating our kids, but educating teachers and parents the importance of this subject too. Childhood and adult obesity is out of control in America and it is important that we teach our kids good habits while they are young.



I am reminded of a few wise words & than I will post an amazing link that was written by a dear colleague of mine who I respect and admire greatly.


Teach a child in the way he should go and when he is old he will not depart from it. Oh, how I wish I had been educated as a child about exercise and nutrition.


We are what we eat. I know it’s an old cliché, but true!


Moving causes the blood to flow to our brains, which helps us to be more alert, therefore enabling us to be better learners. This is why schools need to keep their physical education & sports programs and we need less “gaming” in front of the television and more of the old fashion “games” outside. Whatever happened to kick the can anyway?!


****Coming soon to Teea Time Playschool our very own Kellie Dalan from Monte Fitness Center will be holding “Mighty Movers” classes for us at our school!!! ****


Now meet my friend Debbie Clement by clicking on the link below:


http://www.prekandksharing.blogspot.com/2012/01/eating-healthy-free-mp3-happy-new-year.html


As Debbie Clement says, here’s to "getting the kiddos in our lives up and going: jumping, grooving, marching, climbing, swinging, hopping, running, dancing, skipping, bopping, freezing, flapping, swinging, twirling, crawling, sliding, rolling, tumbling, scooting, stepping, swooping, whirling, swooshing ......... well you get the idea: MOVING!!!”

I would love to see some comments and feed back on this post!

Ms. Kelly

















2 comments:

Lori said...

You have such a cute blog!! I have awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award. Come to my blog to see what to do.
http://www.conversationsinliteracy.blogspot.com/

RainbowsWithinReach said...

Kelly thanks so much for the announcement of my post and sharing the link!!! YEAH TEAM!!! Shaking my pom-poms!!!!

Debbie

Post a Comment