Saturday, January 14, 2012

COOL TOOLS WE USE!!!

Handwriting without Tears is our main curriculum source that we use at Teea Time Playschool and I personally cannot shout out enough praises for such a well-rounded program!!!



The Get Set for School Program for Pre-K includes Readiness & Writing, Language & Literacy, and Numbers & Math. Along with the workbooks there are several other tools that reinforce the lessons and two of my favorite products include the Roll–A–Dough Letters® and the Stamp and See Screen®.


With the Roll-A-Dough Letters tool we form our weekly letter and number out of play dough and shape it in the little trey on top of the letter or number card that is placed inside the trey.









The Stamp and See Screen is kind of like a Magna Doodle, but smaller for easier handling and the letter and number cards from the Roll-A-Dough fit perfectly so my students can trace the letters with the stylus that is provided or they can use the magnetic wood pieces to form the letters.








When we write or form most letters and numbers with the magnetic pieces, wood pieces or write our letters or numbers we consistently use the same terminology, which includes, “Big Line, Little Line, Big Curve or Little Curve.”






The link below is a cool video to watch about the program and I will share more ideas in the future!


http://www.hwtears.com/gss/learning-lounge/videos

























2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I love the pictures!! What a beautiful site! I was already following - now I grabbed your button and it's on my blog :0)

~jeannie~
www.kindergartenlifestyle.blogspot.com

maryanne @ mama smiles said...

I've heard good things about this program, and after your review it's easy to see why!

Post a Comment