Saturday, November 19, 2011

Pilgrim Puzzles & Props For Telling The First Thanksgiving Story!!!

I spent the time cutting all the parts for our little pilgrim girl's and boy's this last week and it was alot of work, but it was fun watching the kids put them together like a puzzle. I had examples of how they are put together and my students step by step formed their little people with glue sticks and crayons in hand and than added their own personal touches to each pilgrim!
I had enough for each child to make one boy pilgrim, one girl pilgrim and one Mayflower ship too. They could pick and choose what they wanted and much to my surprise many of the children did one of each.
I told them the story of the first Thanksgiving and that had a great time retelling me the story as they used their art for props!
We ended our day with a special Thanksgiving sweet treat made with a cookie and a miniture Reeces Peanutbutter cup that formed our pilgrim hats!! (Thank you Pinterest)










1 comments:

Kinder Alphabet said...

Your ideas are adorable! It looks like you give your students plenty of sunshine. Now, I am passing the Sunshine Award to your blog:)

Happy blogging,

Lidia Rb
@ Kid's Reading Activities

Post a Comment