Thursday, October 18, 2012

WHAT AND EARTHQUAKE IS TO A PRESCHOOLER!!!


When I asked my preschoolers this question I had to chuckle as they gave me their answers…“WHAT IS AN EARTHQUAKE?”

B.B said, “I think it might be a potato or maybe a comet!”

J.F. said, “Shaking!”

A.R. said, “The Sun!”

K.R. said, “I think it is the whole wide world!”

A.S. said, “Oh…it’s a monster and I can arrest it!”

K.S. said, “It’s a really big slide that people slide down!”

H.S. said, “It’s a really big star!”

E.D. said, “ It’s the moon and the stars!”

SO SWEET!!!!

Drop, cover & hold on….TEEA Timer’s joined thousands of Washingtonians today for the Great Washington Shake Out!!! http://www.shakeout.org/washington/

We talked about what an earthquake was and what to do if there was an earthquake at school and at home too.

We sang, danced and practiced what to do with a great song written by The Hipwaders. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRhw3_PsJRI
 
 
Does your child know what to do at home if there is an earthquake?

 

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment